Daren Malfait brings front-end to life and tries to stay healthy with exercise.
Daren Malfait is a Senior front-end developer at Wheelhouse
Over the years, Daren has done projects for a multitude of companies ranging from small to big. That way he learned a lot in a small amount of time. Now there is nothing he rather does than share his knowledge so the web becomes a better place.
He finds it important that a user comes first. If the user has a nice experience it will automatically result in whatever the applications goal is. On top of that the user will feel good about it. As a front-end developer it’s your goal to make that as smooth as possible.
To get to know who we are and what kind of person we are, we ask a few questions. Here are the questions and answers of Daren Malfait
Describe yourself using only emojis
What does your desk look like?
- My macbook pro: it's my workhorse
- Input devices: I use a wireless apple keyboard and mainly the magic trackpad. Sometimes I use the magic mouse when I feel more like clicking than tapping.
- My main display: Not much to add here. I tend to only use one display at a time. That way my focus stays on the one thing. I use multiple if I'm actively comparing code.
- My wireless headphones
- My phone on a wireless Qi charger
- Raspberry pi: I use my raspberry pi for a multitude of stuff. It's amazing!
Why do you prefer front-end over back-end?
I love writing code, but I also love design and UX. As a front-end developer I usually get the chance to get the best of both worlds.
What podcasts are you currently listening to?
- No such thing as a fish
- Reply All
- Front-end Happy Hour
- 99% Invisible
In the past week, I rediscovered an old hobby. This website helps me to get the most value out of my money!
- Bellroy wallets
For years I have been using a Bellroy slim sleeve wallet and it's still the best wallet I can think of. It's small, has a clean design and can carry everything I like.
Get an SVG of an emoji. Not sure if it's useful, but it's cool. 😉